Simmer's Garden
Is it possible to homeschool? CK9oGKdYou must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Simmer's Garden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to our following Simmer's Gardeners for the month of June: June 22 - Transitioned Treasure, MamaLambNC. We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Summer Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Is it possible to homeschool? DKTemhP
Latest topics
God Bless the U.S.A.Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 pmCindaLove
Happy Independence Day!Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:30 pmCindaLove
Let Love LeadThu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff
Is it possible to homeschool? Pf4NgC2
Site Owner
Is it possible to homeschool? E6DbMY4
Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
Is it possible to homeschool? JIpASX3 Is it possible to homeschool? Fnpd6hJ
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
Is it possible to homeschool? CZmvDwC
Is it possible to homeschool? AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
Is it possible to homeschool? 3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018

Is it possible to homeschool? IyptaL4
Is it possible to homeschool? T3IUftX
Is it possible to homeschool? ZI1zY1W
Is it possible to homeschool? KgfY065

Go down
Flutterby
Flutterby
Female

Capricorn Posts : 20

Is it possible to homeschool? Empty Is it possible to homeschool?

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:50 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I finally got my computer and have been busy trying to set up some challenges to play (while re-learning how to play where it been so long whacky ). I would like to do a variation of the off-grid challenge for my sims 2 game, I was thinking of doing it with the Newton family, but would kind of need them to be homeschool for it to truly be off-grid. Is that even possible with any of the sims games, especially sims 2?
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 4482
https://www.thesimmersgarden.com

Is it possible to homeschool? Empty Re: Is it possible to homeschool?

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Congratulations on your new computer!  confetti
Yes, you can make a "school" on a residential lot with all these mods from Simlogical.  You will have to have an adult or elder sim be the teacher, though, so you would have to move in a teacher with the Newsons to make it work. You must download all the objects/mods and follow the instructions correctly on that page to make it work. Have fun!  extrahappy

Female

on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 pm
Cool, Thanks!

I am working on setting up a different challenge for each of my games (sims 1, 2, 3, and 4) and a blog to post everything too. I will post the link when I get it all set up.
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:26 am
Is your new computer's OS Windows 7, 8, 0r 10? Just curious.

Your off the grid challenge sounds fun and interesting. I've been playing off and on with rags to riches challenge, it's fun.

Sims 1 doesn't have a mod for homeschooling that I know of. I do know the kids never grow up in Sims 1 and if they fail they get sent to Military School permanently. Sims 3 has a homeschooling career mod available in Twallan's Careers mod. Sims 4 only has a homeschool mod for grade school. There used to be a homeschool mod for teens and children but the creator was unable to support it and removed it from her site.

Female

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 am
It is Windows 10, but I am tech-savvy enough to find and get sims 1 to work on it.

Good to know that about Sims 1, I have never played it before so it is going to be interesting. I was thinking of attempting a build your town challenge with that one, but not sure if it is going to be possible or not.

Sims 2, I am going to do the off-grid challenge.

Sims 3 I am going to attempt the Perfect Genetics Challange again (I started playing it before but my old computer died before I could finish it, and I never backed up the game  Embarassed)

and with Sims 4 I am going to attempt the Homeless challenge... but I may end up turning it into the rag to riches challenge. 

Where the last time I played Sims 3 was 7 years ago, Sims 2 probably closer to 8 it is interesting, especially switching between all 4 to get things set up. Where I am learning to code (partly for fun) I want to eventually learn how to code my own mods etc for the different sims games.
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It is Windows 10, but I am tech-savvy enough to find and get sims 1 to work on it.

Windows 10 will not give older games like The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 enough memory to run on, so there are special patches and tweaks from the community that must be applied in order to play them. Also, when I got my Windows 7 laptop several years ago, The Sims 1 would not install (actually it would install but promptly uninstall itself) and changing the compatibility settings didn't work, but I eventually found a solution that worked, so if you run into any problems with installing either of them, just let me know and I will try to help you get them running. flower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good to know that about Sims 1, I have never played it before so it is going to be interesting. I was thinking of attempting a build your town challenge with that one, but not sure if it is going to be possible or not.

It's very charming, endearing, and humorous but the graphics are kind of primitive. Also, it's very, very difficult to keep their needs up, if not impossible. And it's harder for them to make friends, so it's harder for sims to get promoted. It's still a classic, though, and has many memorable features that have yet to be brought back into the Sims franchise. Cool

Female

on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:37 am
I have gotten Sims 1 and Sims 2 to install and run on my computer. Sims 1 tends to be a little glitchy and sometimes freezes, so maybe the special patches would help with that? I have already changed the  compatibility settings which got it out of the endless loop when loading.

Sims 2 seems to be running fine except every now and again I get black rectangles under the Sims even if the shadows is set to off. But it hasn't lagged or froze at all dispute a lot of cc and the lot I have been playing has 9 Sims and 2 pets (Thanks to Becks lots of Sims on lot mod). I know it helps that I invested in a gaming desktop computer with a higher end graphic card, 3 TB storage and 12GB memory. I want to upgrade the memory down the road but as it was it pushed the budget that I was given for a computer.
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:21 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have gotten Sims 1 and Sims 2 to install and run on my computer. Sims 1 tends to be a little glitchy and sometimes freezes, so maybe the special patches would help with that? I have already changed the  compatibility settings which got it out of the endless loop when loading.

Sims 2 seems to be running fine except every now and again I get black rectangles under the Sims even if the shadows is set to off. But it hasn't lagged or froze at all dispute a lot of cc and the lot I have been playing has 9 Sims and 2 pets (Thanks to Becks lots of Sims on lot mod). I know it helps that I invested in a gaming desktop computer with a higher end graphic card, 3 TB storage and 12GB memory. I want to upgrade the memory down the road but as it was it pushed the budget that I was given for a computer.

That's good that you were able to get Sims 1 installed. Most have problems with it aborting installation, like I did, which turns out to be an issue with InstallShield blocking it. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may help resolve the issues you are having with Sims 1 by giving it the necessary memory it may need.

The issue you are having with Sims 2 will need to be resolved by using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to adjust the game's graphics settings. Windows 10 users and any laptop will need to adjust settings with Graphics Rules Maker to avoid major graphic issues. Even though my OS is Windows 7, I had to use it to adjust the settings to solve the screen flickering and tearing on my laptop.
sunny

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Scorpio Posts : 1356

on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:40 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Congrats on your new computer hunni!  So glad that it has finally arrived.  I'm still in 'limbo' with adding my Sims 2 on my new comp.  Don't feel like dealing with it right now.  Just so much to do around here, and I just can't find the time to do things.  I get so tired just looking at all of the c**p everywhere...  No  I'm sure I'll get motivated sooner or later.  Besides, starting to get hot here in Sac town, and the heat always makes me wanna take naps.  Sleep  

Anywhooooo, enjoy your new toy and have a very happy and blessed rest of your day.

Love yea a lot!   hug

Is it possible to homeschool? Dac5PpV

Is it possible to homeschool? HN1i3bI
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum