Simmer's Garden
What happened to The Sims? OiU1IIeYou must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
What happened to The Sims? Vq9J5oI Welcome to Simmer's Garden! What happened to The Sims? O7Wz5IB Like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... What happened to The Sims? 3dtxXMr Happy birthday to our following Simmer's Gardeners for the month of September: September 2 - Aithusa, kalilwqewq, savannahshep, September 4 - katyfernlily, September 7 - ChrisaL27, September 8 - Neoblood, September 9 - jojosz18, mimieasy11, September 10 - Yanna04, September 11 - Boricuagrant, September 16 - Cookie, September 18 - Magical_tangerine, September 24 - alyx, and September 25 - AsamiMorning, siimmerkennetdach. We hope you have your best birthdays ever! What happened to The Sims? ZOXZOeD Summer Blessings to you! What happened to The Sims? YSZuNcd

Be Encouraged Today
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff
What happened to The Sims? Pf4NgC2
Site Owner
What happened to The Sims? E6DbMY4
Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
What happened to The Sims? JIpASX3 What happened to The Sims? Fnpd6hJ
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
What happened to The Sims? CZmvDwC
What happened to The Sims? AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
What happened to The Sims? 8ZFKyQa
What happened to The Sims? 4GJxzHq

Go down
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 3888
http://www.thesimmersgarden.com

What happened to The Sims? Empty What happened to The Sims?

on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:47 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Administration
Administration
Female

What happened to The Sims? Empty Re: What happened to The Sims?

on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 am
The absolute truth...  agree

Female

Cancer Posts : 463
http://me-poppy.forumotion.com/

on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
giggle I can imagine that building can cause a problem!
and the kitchen, how strange

SeptemberSimsForum
Affiliate
Affiliate
Male

http://septembersims.forum.st

on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 am
Lazy craftsmanship, lack of eye for detail and rush. No When I created for the game I was not paid, but I was killing myself to make it perfect, especially last year! rolling lol
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:25 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lazy craftsmanship, lack of eye for detail and rush. No When I created for the game I was not paid, but I was killing myself to make it perfect, especially last year! rolling lol

Exactly, September! Sims Community Creators actually take pride in their work and are always striving to improve their craft. James has been reading my mind (and obviously others) in that the Sims 4 is aesthetically pleasing to the eye but is a very shallow game. It becomes more and more painfully obvious that they have been cutting corners at every turn and their complacency is destroying the Sims franchise. It's like they having been banking on the pleasing aesthetics to sell their game instead of actual satisfying  gameplay.  No

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Scorpio Posts : 1202

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:55 am
YaYaYa, for James!  I'm soooo glad James has finally said something.  Razz   You know I  heartpump heartpump to build and that's one of the main reasons I constantly  groan  a get totally frustrated bangdesk   unhappydance  with my cabinets, wall colors, curtains, etc.... Something's always off, and I've seen for a long time how they don't match, but complaining's useless.  But now,,,, if I see anything I'll give a heads up to James as he can surly bring these things directly to their attention.  Same thing with Windows and doors... Give me a break.  Mad

That's why I haven't downloaded this last one that came out.  To me, I could be wrong, but a lot of things just look like the same things that have already been given to us, they just added a different color!!!  whistle  Hellooooo.... I'm not gonna buy something that is already out there and they're only changing the colors.  

As much as I'm excited about the new one coming out, I just may wait until I get the word of any Negatives or Positives about it. Know what I mean - Jelly Bean? 
scaredy whacky starz goofigirl   Thanks for sharing!

What happened to The Sims? QINLBZs
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You know I  heartpump heartpump to build and that's one of the main reasons I constantly  groan  a get totally frustrated bangdesk   unhappydance  with my cabinets, wall colors, curtains, etc.... Something's always off, and I've seen for a long time how they don't match, but complaining's useless.  But now,,,, if I see anything I'll give a heads up to James as he can surly bring these things directly to their attention.  Same thing with Windows and doors... Give me a break.  Mad

I agree, good on him. James has gotten to the point where he doesn't care if Maxis kicks him out of the EA Game Changers club like the rest of the Simming YouTubers out there; he realizes that EA doesn't pay his bills, his viewers do. The other Game Changers are so afraid that if they criticize the Sims 4 in any way that they will be kicked out. I've seen plenty of videos of these Simming Youtubers collaborating and talking about if they complain about their frustrations with the game that they will be removed from that club. LGR never got invited into that club because he is always completely honest about every game and they didn't like that. They even stopped sending him the free early access copies of games several years ago because he made them angry. It's a fact that James, Deligracy and many others anxiously awaited LGR's review on Island Living because they knew he would tell the truth and not care if he steps on Maxis' toes. You can bet that every time a new pack comes out, all eyes are on LGR...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's why I haven't downloaded this last one that came out.  To me, I could be wrong, but a lot of things just look like the same things that have already been given to us, they just added a different color!!!  whistle  Hellooooo.... I'm not gonna buy something that is already out there and they're only changing the colors.  
As much as I'm excited about the new one coming out, I just may wait until I get the word of any Negatives or Positives about it. Know what I mean - Jelly Bean? 
scaredy whacky starz goofigirl   Thanks for sharing!

It's that way in CAS too, at least that's where I first noticed the color-matching problem. Even though they've included a color filter in the UI (User Interface), it's not helpful when even the supposed "matching sets" are different colors; colors don't coordinate at all, even sets from the same pack. For example, the color swatches of the tops and bottoms from Fitness Stuff that you can tell that they are supposed to go together, do not have matching/coordinated colors and variants - at all. It's as if two different groups made the tops and bottoms and didn't check their work with one another to make sure they coordinate. And that is my conclusion: they have different groups making different pieces of sets, everything from buy/build to CAS, and that's why we are seeing all this shoddy work. While I'm aware that EA has downsized Maxis drastically, there is no excuse in poor quality of work no matter how pressed for time you are because all the big companies have downsized and doubled/tripled the amount of work employees have to do. (I know firsthand, I used to work for a big company that did that. No matter how quickly we had to work, we busted our tails every day to assemble the best quality product that we possibly could.) They had better change the way they are producing things and come up with a new plan or they are going to lose their entire customer base because of poor quality... No

Administration
Administration
Female

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:29 am
And don't get me started on how nuts it is that the game's patches and new packs "break" CC. I looked up this problem online and it seems their coding in updates and packs actually alter the CC files themselves, damaging the way the CC looks and functions. That's why they tell you to remove you mods folder before you patch and the first time you start the game up; it can mess them up. I forgot to do this when Island Living came out and it broke some of my CC; clothes that made white lines and splotches all over the sim and custom floors that sims will dig for seashells in lots on beaches. Re-downloading the affected files fixed the problem but you can bet I won't forget to take my Mods folder out from now on.  In all my years of playing the Sims, I've never seen anything like this happening to CC. I don't know a lot about the Sims 4 but what I'm learning about it firsthand is really aggravating, which is sad because I really enjoy making sims with the Sims 4... Mad

Moderation
Moderation
Female

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I wonder if that's what happened to my house and my stairs.  They were first working, and these are stars that are in my game, but when I loaded my house in my hood, my Sim didn't wanna go up the stairs anymore.  I had to reverse them and change them.  I have not checked my other sim who uses the house already.  I'll ck him later.   No  I didn't know I needed to remove my mods.  Should I do that when the new game comes out?  Not sure when I need to remove them.  scratch

Yeah I like LGR.  That's who I'm waiting on too.  whistle 

CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:39 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wonder if that's what happened to my house and my stairs.  They were first working, and these are stars that are in my game, but when I loaded my house in my hood, my Sim didn't wanna go up the stairs anymore. 

Are the stairs CC? If so, you will need to delete them and re-download them because they are damaged.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I didn't know I needed to remove my mods.  Should I do that when the new game comes out?  Not sure when I need to remove them.  scratch 

Yes, when an update comes out, before you open Origin or even start your game, remove your Mods folder out if you have any CC. Then open Origin, update or install, start the game, then exit the game. After doing that, you can then put your Mods folder back and then play the game.

Administration
Administration
Female

on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wonder if that's what happened to my house and my stairs.  They were first working, and these are stars that are in my game, but when I loaded my house in my hood, my Sim didn't wanna go up the stairs anymore. 

Are the stairs CC? If so, you will need to delete them and re-download them because they are broken.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I didn't know I needed to remove my mods.  Should I do that when the new game comes out?  Not sure when I need to remove them.  scratch 

Yes, when there's an update or a when new pack comes out, before you open Origin to update or install the new pack, remove your Mods folder out to your desktop if you have any CC. Then open Origin, update, start the game, then exit the game. You can then put your Mods folder back and then play the game.

Moderation
Moderation
Female

on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm
No, they are stairs that came with my game.  I've used them many times.  Thanks for the tips, Cinda.  I wasn't aware that I needed to remove Mods.  I do know I get a message to always select my cc's then apply go out and come back in.  I never see my message about the cc's.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum