Simmer's Garden
You must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter page and Gab page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to our following Simmer's Gardeners for the month of December: December 18 - Toniad31, and December 28 - Flutterby. We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Christmas Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Staff Online
Affiliates
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
**Free**
Updated 2017

Go down
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Scorpio Posts : 921

{Solved} Hour Glass Twirl - Not Responding!

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm
Hi Everyone!  Something that I just discovered in trying to play my 'Personal Hoods' and 'Simmies' in the 'Sims 2 Ultimate Collection'.   What they don't tell you is, if you wanna play your hoods and simmies you played in your regular Sims 2, you can Not include your - downloads, hoods, packaged lots and saved simmies, etc., in the Ultimate version.  You can in the 'Store Version' though.   nerd

What I wanted to share with you is an issue that may occur when attempting to load your Fav Old Hoods to the Store version.

When my Sims 2 loaded, and my hoods were ready to load, the hour glass continued to spin, spin and spin.  dancer  I canceled the process by, Ctrl+Alt+Del, where it took me to my Task Manager - to cancel anything that's not responding or running.

Also, this can happen even after you are able to access your hood and when you select a family to play.   After going thru this several times to no avail, and knowing my hoods were good I decided to just walk away and do other things, while that itty-bitty hour glass twirled it's cycle or just flat got stuck and stopped.

Low-n-behold,    extrahappy  when I returned to check on it, I noticed my hood was open, but when I selected a family, it did the same as before.  I walked away and just let it run.

When I came back, 'Walla',,,, cheers  my family was playing.   I was able to access my hoods, and my family to play them with no problems.  So, this is just a 'Tip' for you in case you get the (Not Responding) message, or you think it's not gonna work when trying to load your Sims 2 game.

lilrose

~BBdoll3~
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 3204
http://www.thesimmersgarden.com

Re: {Solved} Hour Glass Twirl - Not Responding!

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:    What they don't tell you is, if you wanna play your hoods and simmies you played in your regular Sims 2, you can Not include your - downloads, hoods, packaged lots and saved simmies, etc., in the Ultimate version.   

That's not exactly true; after I did some investigating (finally!), I found that according to Sims Wiki, The Sims 2 Store Edition, a software client, came with Double Deluxe or one of the specially packaged EP Collections; Fun with Pets Collection, University Life Collection or Best of Business Collection, or digital Apartment Life. It allowed special access to the Sims 2 Store items. Now that the Sims 2 Store is gone, it's absolutely useless and causes problems and conflicts with The Ultimate Collection, as noted here and here and the regular Sims 2 games cannot read the SE according to Sims Wiki and this post which verifies that SE saved games can't run on UC or the regular Sims 2 disk games. So basically, if you wanted to play the Ultimate Collection you would have to play with a new game. That said, Securom and Store Edition are two of the most annoying and stupidest things EA put into The Sims 2...
angry

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: After going thru this several times to no avail, and knowing my hoods were good I decided to just walk away and do other things, while that itty-bitty hour glass twirled it's cycle or just flat got stuck and stopped. when I returned to check on it, I noticed my hood was open, but when I selected a family, it did the same as before.

The issue with the never-ending loading icon, like the other issues you are dealing with, is probably due to outdated graphic drivers. When there is a loading issue like that, it's from a graphics card that is low-end and can't support the high memory demand or from graphic drivers that are not up to date, in which I think for you is probably the latter.
zombie
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum